Thursday, December 22, 2005

the best fruitcake ever.......

You'll need the following:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
4 lg eggs
lemon juice
2 cups dried fruit nuts
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 FULL bottle of your favorite whiskey

Sample the whiskey to check for quality. Take a large bowl. Check whiskey again to be sure that it is of the highest quality. Pour one level cup and drink. Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer. Beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 tsp. sugar and beat again. Make sure the whiskey is still ok. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixer.

Break two legs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, pry it loose with a drewscriver.
Sample the whiskey for tonsisticity.

Next, sift 2 cups of salt... or something... who cares.
Check the whiskey. Now sift the lemon juice and add one table. Spoon. Of suger or something.
Throw the bowl out the window. Check whickey again.

Go to bed. Who the heck likes fruitcake anyway?


This little gem was sent to me by my friend Pat.... I can just see her in the kitchen making it today! Happy baking, y'all!


10 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Ellen -Can I skip the cake and just drink the wkiskey? ;)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen -PS.... If I don't see you, have a safe fun, and blessed Christmas!

God Bless!

*hugs*

- Neo

2:34 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Neo- the whole point is to just skip the cake and drink the whiskey... or by your typo, have you already gotten into the whiskey, hmmmmm? (I still don't know anyone who likes fruitcake, do you?)

Glad you liked the pictures... one of them is Jin's header on her blog, which I'm sure you noticed already. I would like to send them along, but just not sure how.

You have yourself a merry little Christmas as well! Are you going to your Mom's?

3:50 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen -LOL, no I'll be hitting the sauce when I get home tonite. Finishing up the tree, and do my last minute nutjob running around. God, I waited to the last second!

Thanks for adopting me, it was getting cold at that orphan house!

Btw, what did you think of "The Gift?"

Peace & *HUGS*

- Neo

4:43 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

PS.. -No, I don't know anyone that can stomach fruitcake. ;)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Neo- just back on line again... still hectic here.
I think you have a burning desire to tell stories, and you are gifted enough to be able to tell them well... not an easy thing for most other people to do. I liked "The Gift" as it kind of reminded me of a Guy deMauppasant (sp?) story I read years ago. His had an ironic twist at the end, yours had a happier ending!

Keep bringing your "gifts" to us, as we enjoy them so well!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I've been feeling like I'm a fruitcake this week... I Don't drink whiskey!
My mom used to make those cakes with the dried up fruit-meats. Haven't had any since hers.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

lol...sounds like a recipie to me!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- yeah, fruitcake is not one of my favorites, even though my neighbor makes them every year. I guess since I'm not a "fruit person", that would be why. I'm more of a person that will eat any bread as long as it doesn't contain fruit (except banana).

Citysoul- I had to laugh when I got this e-mail. At first I though it was legit... until I kept reading over and over to make it all sink in.... then came the laughter. I don't drink either, but do like my seasonal egg nog.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen -I'll try ;)

I'm a little cold now from the break. I'll try to warm up.

*hugs*

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home