Friday, December 02, 2005

little things......

Most of us miss out on life's big prizes....
the Pulitzer, The Nobel,
Oscars, Tonys, Emmys.
But we are all elegible for lifes small pleasures:
a pat on the back,
a kiss behind the ear,
a four pound bass,
a full moon,
an empty parking space,
a crackling fire,
a great meal,
a glorious sunset,
hot soup,
cold beer.
Don't fret about copping lifes grand awards,
enjoy it's tiny delights.
There are plenty for all of us.


Just wanted to share a few moments of nirvana, before the season swallows us up...Hope you all
have a wonderful day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Harlyn said...

very nice things to think about.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Thanks, Citysoul! It's a "perspective" thing with me.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Aymster said...

I like that list. We always forget the little things. Thanks for the reminder :)

4:01 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen -Nice :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hmm... warm n fuzzy thoughts!
get lotza of the little thanz- All the big stuff means zilch with out them... very true!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Oh but... I gotta admit I do still want an Oscar for best Director n a Grammy one day...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- if it was up to me, you'd have your Oscar and Grammy... along with all the accolades!

Amyster- Yeah, this is my list that I go over everyday... just to keep my mindset straight.

Neo- thanks, sweetie!

To all- I should have added:
"good friends"... because that's the best little thing there is.

Peace y'all!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home