Thursday, November 24, 2005

giving thanks....

~ for a wonderful family, no matter the squabbles or life lessons we lived through.

~ for a great appreciation of the beauty that surrounds us everyday.

~ for the wonderful friendships I have with many people in many different areas of the world.

~ for having parents I never understood growing up, but understand now that I'm grown up.

~ for the abilities to forge ahead, even when the world is crumbling down.

~ for the survival speech my Dad gave me at age 17.

~ for the natural instinct to be constantly questioning things I don't understand.

~ for the lessons I had to learn the hard way, many times over.

~ for not giving up on myself, when it was too easy to do.

~ for all that I was able to teach others.

~ for remembering that laughter IS the best medicine.

~ for the small but wonderful house I live in.... that I love immensely.

~ for finally knowing the difference between love and lust.

~ for making it past my 20th birthday, and now past my 40th.

~ for believing in my own God, and seeing his beauty through my gardens.

~ for having a green thumb, which I inherited from my Grandmother.

~ for believing in angels on earth, and seeing them in my fellow man.

~ for my love of history, historical events and architecture.

~ for knowing enough people, who know me well enough to look out for me.

~ for finally finding a voice and outlet for my writing.

~ for my love of food, that led me to the best job I've ever had.

~ for everything, everybody and everyday of my life.....

Happy Thanksgiving to all.......

6 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Happy Thanksgiving Ellen! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.
I do this too: "for the natural instinct to be constantly questioning things I don't understand".

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Thanks, Lee Ann! Hope you had a wonderful holiday as well! Did you eat lots of turkey?

7:32 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

What a wonderful list ellen! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Thanks, Citysoul.... hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful as well!I will be celebrating mine on Saturday, when family comes into town...looking forward to turkey at this point.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi and hope yesterday went well, the two turkeys for the computer guy went out on schedule, n hope your family get-together has more fun than scwabbles!

Good list!
I brought a bunch of turkey meal leftovers home for dinner this week, was so stuffed amazing I could still buckle the seatbelt on the ride back!

Still have some pies to do for the homey pals this week-end, n to stay warm. I'm still recovering, you're just beginning... good luck!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Snaggle- My family just arrived today and we will have our Thanksgiving tomorrow after I get done with a catering. Kind of looking forward to turkey, except kind of got my fill last tuesday when we cooked 10 turkeys for a client.
Too funny about the seatbelt issue, I feel the older I get, the less food I eat because of the bloated feeling it gives you... now if I could just cut the sugar out...
Hope you had a great day with the family!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home