Wednesday, April 12, 2006













sleeping like a baby.......

Suffering bouts of insomnia can certainly set off the "cranky" button if one is sleep deprived. I am a sufferer of this at times..... when my mind cannot shut off, but my legs are too tired to carry the weight any further. Not so tonight. I am going to relish the moment when I can just climb into bed and let the worries of the world wait a few more hours to tackle.

It's been a very busy few days between breakfasts', lunches, and dinners. Needless to say, KFC got my business tonight, because I was even too tired to cook. What's that saying about the cobblers children wear no shoes? That's how it is in my house. Being a caterer does not necessarily mean that I am going to prepare a gourmet dinner every night. The last thing I want to do at the end of the day is to stand over a stove. Some nights I just grab a bowl of Cheerios and call it a meal, as it's easy, quick and convenient. It works for me, and there's no messy pans to fiddle with cleaning up afterwards... just a bowl and spoon.

So all that said... it is time for me to retire for the night, as I have been yawning for a few hours and look forward to that soft pillow that will take me to dreamland. I plan to sleep like a baby tonight.... and then come back with a vengeance tomorrow. Here's hoping you all have a good night's sleep as well.......

9 Comments:

Blogger neal said...

Sweet dreams!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

neal~
Thanks, sweetie!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

You are right , those clouds after a storm, beautiful. Ok, night night.

10:48 PM  
Blogger wes said...

A bowl of cereal is still one of my favorite things to eat, especially for a late night snack. :)

1:29 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

awww, cute pic. I wish I could sleep like a baby. I'm beginning to think these puffy eyes with dark circles are going to become a permanent thing for me. Maybe I'll start a trend! I don't cook much, I'm usually too busy/burned out by then. It's actually very self-indulgent, which is NOT good.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

WHen you have real insomnia, everything seems like it is a copy of a copy of a copy. Weird stuff.

Hope that you had a great sleep and awoke refreshed and ready to take on the world.

Scott

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

I sure hope you finally got some well-deserved rest!

Pizza Hut got my business last night....and it was worth it!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

skyeblue~
I'm awake... but just barely, as I need a power nap to get through this afternoon. I still have work ahead of me, but need a few minutes of shut eye to rework the approach.

************

wes~
Cereal.... is there any better food out there than cereal.... except maybe cake?

************

saur~
During my insomnia bouts I also have nasty circles... but then I find that concealer does much to help that issue. As long as I can grab a quick power nap here and there, I'm ok. I swear, I'm part cat.

************

scott~
I did wake refreshed, but my bed was so comfortable that I didn't really want to get up. No matter, I had people to feed, and duty called. I am ready for that power nap now though.

************

jen~
LOL! Pizza Hut is a favorite of my son.... he especially loves the different wings they have. We are big wing eaters in this house.... but somehow he doesn't like mine. Go figure!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - Sleep is overated. ;) j/k. I've been having some serious powernaps lately. Wish I had a bit more energy. *sniffle*

Neo tosses Ellen a blanket

:)

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home