Monday, August 13, 2007

ever have one of those days........
when nothing, and I mean NOTHING goes right? Of course you have, haven't we all? Today is that day for me. No matter what I did (and I had plenty of time with spare left over) to catch up all my errands, chores, duties, and other miscellaneous garbage I line up for myself. This was going to be a day of great accomplishments!
Waking early, I breezed through the regular morning ritual of preparing to get stuff done. A quick trip to the post office, a jaunt by the emissions testing center, a stop at the bank, and then I was on my way to the tag office. It was here that my day came to a complete stop.... and it was only 9:00 am. Since when does the tag office decide to change their open hours to start at 11:00? Well, being a government office I suppose they have that right.... but still???????
Ok..... they have that right.... nothing too drastic that I couldn't rework my hours around them, and I proceeded home to type up orders I had received from the Friday before. (Remember, I was tied up on the blog, and pushed all that work aside?) Well..... the adage of Murphy's Law took effect from there on. Anything that can go wrong, WILL..... and it did. Planting my butt in front of the computer, I typed orders..... only to be stopped by this little spooler sub system that invaded my printing abilities. For the next nine hours I fiddled, tweeked, shut down and rebooted a million times, called Geek Squad (no help there), used microsoft system help support (again, no help there, except to tell me that I needed professional help), and finally let off a barrage of words that would have put a longshoreman to shame. You couldn't shut me up.... and I didn't lose my temper..... I found it. Yes, the temper is alive and well folks. It certainly does exist, and I have the hoarse voice to prove it. Of course that didn't do any good, and I still can't print anything, but I did let off enough steam to thoroughly run the temper dry (for the day, at least).
So what does one do when stuck in a hard place? Turn it into a blog story, of course. Someone please save me from myself............


Blogger Neo said...

Neo waves his magic wand

All better. :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Yes, indeedy.... all is much better today.


1:18 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hope tomorrow goes better sweetie!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Awareness said...

OMG you little secret garden watering sneak....You're back!! I must've check on you last Friday just before you posted your return and then forgot to check since!!

It warms my heart that you have the ability to let er rip like a sailor and that you love baseball. But, Ellen?? The Braves?

I would've sworn you would've been a fan of Papi.

Welcome back. I've missed your reflections, humour, musings, honesty and all round cheeriness, which comes through even when you're stringing a loaded sentence at your computer.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Awareness said...

Oh..........I'm here doing the Ellen dance.......picked it up on the other Ellen's show.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

lee ann~
Yes, today is much better, and my sanity is in tact once more. Geez.... who'd thought a computer could possibly screw up my day?
Ok, dumb question.

Hope you are well!


Yes, that's me... a little sneak for sure. I've had all kinds of practice at it this year.

And, of course the Braves! My Bravos come from my city... gotta be a fan of that or they'd run me back up north.... after all I'm still considered a "carpetbagger" for moving here. As one person explained it: You have to have generations that go WAY back to be considered a "native" of the area. I figure loving the local team helps a bit.... cause the accent, lingo, and thinned out blood have been de-nothernized. (Still love my North Atlantic lobster though.)

So glad to be back and connected with my blog buds again. Doing the Ellen dance on this end with ya!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Only 9 hours isin't bad when you consider I just got over a 2.5 month-long absence without my broken-down puter...
The parts ordered took three weeks longer to arrive than the Co said, then after I paid a couple hundred bux, I discover the cd n dvd drives aren't functioning!

On this date, I went to a job interview after (6 nights of) working until dawn n sleeping only one hour. I must've looked pretty blood-shot, haven't heard from them yet. That's OK, they don't give you enough hours to pay the mandatory health Ins. anyways-

Better luck on the next 1 n 3 !

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home