Monday, October 02, 2006

two of the three "r"s.......

One writes because one has much to say. One reads because they have much to learn... saving all their writing for commenting opinions or using the prose as a muse to springboard into a story of their own. Lately, my muses have been a bit dried up. Not that there isn't enough topics to write about, but rather I lack cohesiveness that comes with putting out a good paragraph. Questions come into play whether the topic is good, rambling, or enough to draw in a captive audience, and many days I fall very short of a good mark to get a post off the ground. Many days, I really do get busier than I had expected, too.

I find myself traveling around to everything I can read, the blogs, the web, even the newspaper for stories that spark a passion to put out an opinion, but all to no avail as I slip under the waves of procrastination. Tomorrow morning, I tell myself... tomorrow will be the magic day when writing will come as natural to me as breathing. But sadly, tomorrow is another day for me to procrastinate further. I have to pardon myself for the apathy I display, and try to get on with the business of work.... after all, I still have to pay my way through this time, regardless if I put word to page or not.

So, once again, I apologize for falling very far behind with all the friends I have made through this medium. You have all kept up very well, had lively stories, and put forth a wonderful effort to keep me, as well as your regular readers, amused and informed. You have allowed me to think beyond my little corner of the world, while expanding my opinions. Bravo to you..... after all, I am usually set in my ways on certain things, but have managed to see a different side of possibilities I may never have thought of.

Regardless of whether I comment back, I always manage to catch up on the reading end of blogging. To leave a comment three posts back is further embarrassment that I am not on the ball as I'd like..... but some days, I really need to walk away from the computer and take care of the real world I live in. As it stands now, I am more than one month behind in shipping out a birthday present that should have arrived to the recipient by September 2nd. Thankfully, she is a forgiving friend. Yet I find myself devastated by my lack of being on top of things. That just isn't me, and never has been. I'm not sure if age has anything to do with it, but I'm not going to make any excuses for being lazy.... because it's all my own fault. Yeah, somedays are busier than others, and 24 hours can travel faster than a speeding bullet when the plate is loaded with too many tasks. I guess it's all in the category of time management.... which I seem to lack lately.

I pulled off the web altogether this past weekend, neither reading or writing, because I was deperate to have some time off to tend to the yardwork and house repairs. It seems that my house is systematically breaking down a little here and a little there. Is it no wonder they call this purchase the "money pit"? Nothing major had to be done, but a lot of little things needed tending to..... after which hubby declared that we were taking Sunday off to go to the Botanical Gardens in downtown Atlanta. Since it had been years that I've walked around the beautiful gardens, and many more exhibits had opened up, I couldn't refuse his request.... and we got extremely lucky on our choice of days. Not only were we able to see the special exhibit of mosaic statuary on loan throughout the gardens and greenhouses, but they had a trail through the forest with the most artistic scarecrows on display. Two special exhibits for the price of one! Woohoo.... a great way to make your money stretch while enjoying a free day off from the regular world. Since the day was sunny and breezy, we spent a good deal of time there, and I have to admit our lazy day wasn't wasted. And, oh my, I didn't care if the phone was ringing in the office, I needed a day to be off altogether, then waited on for lunch. I guess entitlement is a by-product of procrastination and laziness sometimes, because it sure worked well on Sunday.

But here we are.... back to the regular work week, or as hubby refers to it: back to the big house (his definition of "work"). I feel accomplished to a small extent, as many house repairs were tended to, the yard was mowed, and flowers watered..... but I still have a list to check off for things that will take more time than I allowed for them this weekend. Oh well.... there is always a tomorrow.


In the meantime, I will wonder around my links to check in on everybody.... and hope that blogger is kind enough to quite swallowing the comments I do leave. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and a great week in store ahead. How can you not when the weather has cooled down, and the leaves are slowly starting to turn their shades of red and gold? This is an amazing time of year.....




6 Comments:

Blogger awareness said...

Hi Ellen.

Boy! Do I know where you're coming from!! Here's a confession. I finally completed my income taxes on the weekend. Eeeeek!

Writing has taken over my being... and it's enough to get something tasty on the dining room table for dins let alone all the other persistant naggely (new word) chores that must be done. I too actually shoved aside the writing and time over the past weekend to put my head down to get some much needed cleaning done. The garden still needs some TLC......ah, but soon it will be covered by snow.

Today at work I have been more productive than I have in weeks. (I write this over lunch hour) I guess the stress and unknown particulars kept me unfocused. It feels good to start checking of my list of to do's both at home and at work.......

I know you're out there......juggling all your tasks and it makes me smile to know that even though we live in different countries and even different time zones, we are basically juggling the same bean bags!!

Take care..........the muses will return.

12:22 PM  
Blogger john said...

Hey , that's a nice topic to write abt. Sometimes ,I fall into the same dilemna . It's kinda' frustrating . But other days , there's a wealth of topics one wants to share.It's called slow news day by the press people .

2:03 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - No need to apologize. Just reach within you and find the words. They are are there just waiting to be found. Dig deep within that and bring it.

*hugs*

- Neo

5:29 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

awareness~
Ah, completed income taxes.... only too happy my company has a CPA for that! If it were left up to me, I'd only be on 1999 by now.
Whenever there's a math equation to anything, I put that off like the plague.

Keeping up with housework and my business are tough balls to keep juggled. Since I do not have regular hours (such as 9 to 5), I fit it in wherever and whenever I can, which means it could be midnight, or 5 AM. Sleep? What's that?

By the way, what time zone are you on? I always thought we were on the same one, but then remembered my travels to Nova Scotia, and how we had to change the clocks when we drove back into Maine. So that makes you one hour ahead?

************

john~
LOL! I love it! Yes, that's my new excuse: slow news day. You are too funny, my friend!

************

neo~
Thanks, sweetie. I know they exist, but I also am aware of my OCD tendencies and the fact I like to edit (and re-edit many times over) everything I write. Makes for many hours to get something out on my part. Then I have issues with blogger to deal with. Makes for a very loooooong day, when those pop up. Right now, it's already after 10 PM, and I still have three blogs to visit.... including yours. Where does the time go?

xo~

10:22 PM  
Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Well I haven't counted how many posts back this is, and I've just got around to commenting!
Lately I often seem to find time to read but not to comment, though I always mean to go back and comment - life has a habit of getting so busy theres barely enough time to 'do' let alone write, we're all busy in our various places - a comforting thought that we're not alone :-)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

rainbow dreams~
I know exactly what you mean.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home