Monday, August 14, 2006


vacation time......

Well..... four days off in a row will qualify, even if it isn't a full week.

Wouldn't I love to be that fat cat on the couch, one paw on the remote, and another on a cold drink. I'll opt for something different than the beer though. Just the thought of not having to answer a phone for four whole days is making me giddy with glee. It's time to decompress for a bit, and vacation time is a drug you won't find in a pharmacy.

Of course there are a million things to prepare for. Making sure you have all the right outfits, shoes and personal items, and for me, it would be my hairbrush. I cannot get any other brush through my hair successfully, and with hair as long as mine, it's an essential personal item.
I also pack the car with drinks, some snacks, and pillows. We might as well make the best that we can to be comfortable with a long ride ahead of us, as this year the family chose The Smoky Mountains. It wouldn't have been my choice, as we all know how much I love the beach, but this was something decided months back. I wasn't even sure I could take the time off, so the chance to leave town for any reason (even if it wasn't the beach) is a good excuse to not be around for a few days.

In the meantime, there are chores to be completed to ready for this trip, and the pile gets bigger everyday.... no matter how many tasks I seem to complete. Being the bee is the order of the week till Friday when I take off. I can be the cat in the car..... nestled in my pillow, and sleeping peacefully. Yup, I am long overdue for the time away........ but for now, I must return to work.

Four days till TGIF......

14 Comments:

Blogger Rainbow dreams said...

Wishing you a wonderful break after all the preparations for it ~ that cat does look very comfortable i agree :-)

7:43 PM  
Blogger wes said...

oh the life of a cat. :)

Enjoy your time off, it is well deserved. :)

8:14 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

Sounds like we do the same thing in preparing for vacation all the way down to packing our hairbrush. I too cannot do without that!
Have a wonderful time!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Enjoy and have a great time! :)

8:55 PM  
Blogger X said...

I hope you have a spank-tastic time!

Let me live vicariously through you! :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger awareness said...

Hi Ellen.

Here's a tip......red shoes go with just about everything :) But, they may not be practical for Mtn walking........so pack a cute pair of red sandals, and some clumping hiking boots, and you're set!!

Kidding.......

Yes....I know exactly that feeling of exhaustion........just enough energy to get the car packed and everyone in it......then head on the pillow, tucked in for a snooze all the way to the destination. Did just that on the weekend.

Cheers.

12:30 AM  
Blogger john said...

i bet that cat is related to garfield . so your counting the days . sometimes , the days before the vacation are fun days !

12:33 AM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I'm like that with my brush n 2 combs also!
Hope all goes well, n the weather is co-operative for your jaunt to the high country. I hear it's a beautiful place, nice n peaceful, cool birds, flora, n animals so enjoy! (n bring a couple books...)

4:13 AM  
Blogger Milk Brain said...

hope you enjoy your time off.. atleast you'regoing somewhere. we had to cancle our camping trip scheduled for this week b/c the webiste said that if we left the site for over 12 hours they reserved the right to give it to soemone else even if we already paid for it. we were planning on spendig a night at home so evan could rest good in his own bed.. screw that.. we'll jsut stay home.. can't really afford it either. and i have to go into work today b/c one of my clients was only available yesterday and today :/ but atleast it's not a far drive by any means from school.

enjoy your hike

6:48 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - Hey how to sneak that camera into my spot and snap my picture!!! ;-O

Seriously though, have a wonderful time away. You deserve it. Get lots of pictures!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

PS... Thanks for being a great sounding board as I go through my situation. It's very much appreicated. :)

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

to all~

Please forgive me for not getting back to you sooner. Your well wishes for vacation are sweet, and you all are going to be one of the things I'll miss most about being away.

Thank you all for always dropping by, and I apologize for being so sporadic in posting and commenting lately. I can't seem to catch up not matter how fast I go this week.

Ever the bee, I am looking forward to being the cat in just a few short days!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen;;

Enjoy your time away. You more than earned it and you should do everything possible to make the most of it...even if it means doing 'nothing'!! BTW...leave the cell phone on the kitchen table. It gets better reception in the kitchen than it will in the Smokey Mountains. I will bring you up to date later if someones pet Gerbil dies!!

Also, let me know what you and Charles would like to do about coming up to New England in late September. Sue and I will cover the expense. But don't think about it until you get back from vacation.

Enjoy!!


Love Karl

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I wish that was me. I got six days off, but still feel like I needed more.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - You don't need to apologize. :) *hugs*

PS. Drop by JBI, I did a double post today I think you'll find of interest.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home