Thursday, June 29, 2006






a garden party.....

So what to do when you can't type the day away on your computer? Why throw a party of course! Makes perfect sense, doesn't it? And that's exactly what I did for the last few days. My distinguished guests included: Mr. Pine Sol, Ms. Windex, Lord Furniture Polish, Lady Bathroom Scrubber, Master Toilet Bowl Cleaner, and Mr. & Ms. Vacuum. We had a hell of a time!

We partied the days away in absolute bliss hitting every room in our path. It was a non-stop fest that had no boundaries, except when I ran out of food. Leaving my guests behind for a few hours, a trip to the local grocery store (my favorite kind of shopping) yielded new goodies to store in the cupboards. There was even time to bake a few banana chocolate chip breads in the few moments of down time. Lucky for me, the guests were pooped and needed a few snooze moments for themselves, otherwise the breads would have sat as batter in my refrigerator.
Nothing was too sacred or off limits in our attempt to boogie down.... except for the discovery of the Dustbunnies that tried to crash the party. They were promptly sucked out by the vacuums. Those trouble-making-partying Dustbunnies.... will they never learn??

I generally throw this party in early Spring... around April or so, but was late with the invitations. No matter, it worked out best for everyone to come in late June anyway. Ms. Windex brought a guest with her, a Prince Paper Towel.... and what a handsome man he was! So debonair in his all-white suit, only to have the Dustbunnies ruin it on their way out. It was such a shame.... we literally had to throw it away.

In all, the party lasted 3 days.... we just couldn't seem to part after Tuesday, and all guests decided to stay one more day. What the heck..... I only see them all together like that once a month. I see them all the time individually, as we set little play-dates with one another.... but all together is a rarity these days. Needless to say, I was glad to have a little more time with them. They were all great and wonderful guests, and they even left the house cleaner then when they first arrived.... the best guest of all!

So now all caught up, computer restored, and printer running, it's time to stick to the appointment I made with Mr. Catering Office.... and perhaps get in a nice nap in later since the phones aren't ringing anyway.... ZZZZZZZZZZZ


15 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, it sounds like such a good time!
I would like to formally invite you to a party at my house!
BYOCS (Bring your own cleaning supplies)!
:)

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so creative....
BANANA Chocolate Chip Bread!
That sounds so good!

It must feel nice to have a clean house!

9:35 PM  
Blogger wes said...

lol, sounds like a great party, I guess my invitation was lost in the mail. :)

3:00 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Ooooooooh, come over here and throw a party!!! My household appliances are waiting in eager anticipation!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

lee ann~
LOL! I gather the girls and boys together and head east! I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time at the Castle as well!

************

barbara~
Oh yes, my signiture banana choc chip bread is good. It's a recipe from my Mom that ends up being the number one gift for a lot of birthdays and Christmas presents. If you ever want the recipe, let me know. (By the way, I'm devouring a piece of it right now as I write this.. yummy!)

************

wes~
No, no..... your invitation will be in the mail. I had to have this party first in order to ready the gardens for my other distinguished guests... you and blogsphere. Please feel free to bring pictures of your lovely trip to Europe!

************

saur~
LOL! After a visit to the Castle of Nannbugg, we will head south to Tampa. Maybe I can get in a few minutes to the beach in my spare time... I hear Tampa has some of the best!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - Damn, and I wasn't invited? *sniffle*

Neo pouts and walk off

;P

Have a great 4th Ellen!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

6:48 PM  
Blogger neal said...

I'm baaaaaa-aaaaack! Jeez, you had to go and put up a post about cleaning. One week till my wife gets home from the Philippines and I still have to: 1. Finish the back yard project. 2. Wash and wax her car. 3. Do a major cleaning of the house. All that has to fit in between work, fixing dinner for my son, and sleep. Maybe I can do without the sleep because other things take priority.

Anyway...I'm baaaaa-aaaack!

11:31 PM  
Blogger mckay said...

my house needs that kinda party, too :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

What a darling story! Have a great weekend! :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

neo~
You are always invited.... open end invitation so to speak. LOL!

You have a wonderful 4th weekend as well!
xo~

************

neal~
Glad to see you were able to stop by in between all the scheduled chores you need to accomplish before your wife gets home. Perhaps I should have thrown my party at your house???

************

mckay~
You know how parties are.... it's good to see your "guests", but it's just as nice when they pack up and go home. Your reward for being such a gracious hostess: a clean house.

************

skye~
Thanks, sweetie! There wasn't any other way to make Spring Cleaning a fun chore unless I turned it into a party. Glad you liked it.
Hope your weekend is going well!

8:31 AM  
Blogger X said...

LOLOLOL,loved this post! :)

I need to throw a party like that...but alas, no time means a little Swiffer action each week and we're good!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Drats, I showed up at the party days late!
-got my calender of events all mixed up! Guess I'll have to throw my own party soon, hope ya don't mind if I invite some of your people!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

K.~
Ah yes, the swiffer action... works like a charm when you need to get those chores done quick, and don't have lingering guests like I do. LOL!

************

snaggle~
LOL! Me cleaning supplies, su cleaning supplies! But let me warn you, the clean house only lasts a short while. Add men into the mixture, and... well, you know....
However, the men did come in very handy this weekend when it was time to clean out the back beds in the yard.... my garden is finally finished! Now if it would just rain again!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Absolutely hilarious!! This might be one of my favorite posts so far!

Thanks for the giggles!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

jen~
My pleasure to send giggles along... glad you enjoyed, and glad to see you over at the garden!

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home