Saturday, June 24, 2006














and on the 30th day, the skies relented.......

To all those that performed the traditional and not so traditional raindance in my plight for something to drop from the sky..... I would like to thank you. It finally rained last night for about an hour.... just enough to salvage my browning areas of lawn from total destruction. I might even have the chance to mow down the crab-grass that thrived during this time, it being the only type of grass not affected by our drought.

I had managed to water (on the lam again) the flowers and bushes by watering can and plant food Thursday night, and everything seemed to perk up a bit.... but it could be only a matter of one day that could bring it all back down again. Then last night thunderstorms moved into the area, the skies rocked, and trees swayed in anticipation of any precipitation they might receive. They were all rewarded highly for their patience. We didn't have a belly-gusher, but a nice shower that was able to sink into the hard clay ground, and not run off into the streets. It even managed to drop the temperatures outside to a nice comfortable 78 degrees from the high 90's. Yup, the rain Gods were mighty kind for leaving such a nice calling card. There are even rumors that we might see another performance tonight. To that I say: Bring It On.... just wait till after the 6 PM outdoor wedding ceremony I have to coordinate.

My hydrangea and azalea bushes, flowers, and lawn thank you for your prayers of rain..... and they all wanted me to let you know this. Your efforts paid off, and the flora is smiling once more!

Have a wonderful weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger awareness said...

Pssssstttt...........hey there flower comforter in the Secret Garden.......

Here's the raindance recipe......

Think up all the songs you can that have the word rain and water in it..ie. Singing in the Rain, Raindrops Keep Fallin, And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down..., Wade in The Water........OK, now toss them aside. Singing those songs never work. They have to be sung DURING a rainfall.....

Instead.....start with a low quiet hum, look up in the sky, open your arms and sing your very best Favourite song that always makes you smile and dance.......

Once you start dancing....don't stop and don't worry if all the neighbours think you're loooooopy! It's just THEIR perspective! :o) And what does it matter? You have your own goal related perspective........joy, hope, rain and blossoming flowers!

Glad the heavens opened up.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

awareness~
Yay! Yes the heavens did, and not only that, but they did it again tonight. I had to coordinate (instead of cater) a wedding , and I was afraid it would get rained out, but instead it waited till the reception was over and everyone was leaving to open up and deluge us once again.

I had promised my neighbor to water his flowers while he's on vacation in Alaska, but devine providence stepped in and saved me from getting in trouble with the law. It must be my lucky day!

It's raining, it's pouring, and now it's late and I must be snoring.....I'll drop by your place tomorrow.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

HOOO RAY! :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger wes said...

lol, yay! for rain. I will stop doing my rain dance for you now. :)

1:51 AM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I'm glad for your dear plants! Let's hope there's no repeat of such a long dry spell any time soon.
I like the awareness method there... I just prayed. That was a quick answer!
Glad your booking went just right too! Yay!
Hope the week-end all went well

5:10 AM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

The rain is a blessing (at this point)!
Hope you got your things catered without a downpour.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - Hmmmm, we're getting tagged with rain up here in Philly too. I'm glad, although the trails I hike on are getting kind of muddy. Hey could be worse right? You could be swimming to work in DC.

Strange irony for all the politicians that snubbed New Orleans after Katrina don't ya think?

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

7:57 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

skye~
As a matter of fact, we're now into our fourth day of rain! Can you believe that?
Woohoo!!! I won't need to water for awhile... and the grass is returning to it's nice green color.

************

wes~
I appreciate all your raindance efforts... they certainly paid off for our area. This time of year we need all the rain we can get so that it gets stored up for the long hot summer of dry spells.

************

snaggle~
Between your prayers, the raindances of everyone else, and a good front that seems to be over the area, we are doing ok now. The summer is when we get almost no rain, unless a hurricane blows up out of the Gulf.

The weekend went very well... it started to pour just as I was leaving the facility where I coordinated the wedding. The ride home was a little scary, as it's a very dark back road, lots of curves, and stray wildlife. I just took my time and went slow. I knew I could sleep in on Sunday.

************

lee ann~
Yup, it all went off like clockwork.... and no drama this time, like the last time when a fist fight broke out. Hooray for small favors!

************

neo~
It seems like a front is hovered over the area... all the way up to New England. I've heard reports that there's flooding all over the east coast. As far as the politicians.... seems like a fitting case of karma to me, eh?

We've been told that it should be sunny soon... perhaps by Wednesday.
So far, we've had rain Friday and Saturday night, all day Sunday, and a good amount today as well. Hey, if the plants are happy and smiling, then so am I right now. At least the squirrels stay home in the rain.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - Oh yeah, gotta love that karma!

I saw a pict of gwb and laura with their umbrella's. I'd have died laughing if his umbrella blew inside out during the photo op. LOL

I'm looking out my window here about 6:15am, and it looks like we're in for more rain here in Phillytown.

Good thing its summer, because if this was winter we'd really be digging out of a snow storm!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home