Thursday, April 27, 2006
















a thursday chuckle.......

A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertable out of the dealership. Taking off down he road, he floored it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.

"Amazing!", he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing the pedal to the metal even more.

Looking in his rearview mirror, he saw the highway patrol behind him, blue lights flashing and siren blaring.

"I can get away from him-- no problem!", thought the elderly man as he floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120 mph.

Suddenly, he thought, "What on earth am I doing? I'm too old for this nonsense!", pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the trooper to catch up to him.

Pulling behind him, the Trooper walked up to the drivers side of the Corvette, looked at his watch and said, "Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."

The man, looking very seriously at the Trooper said, "Years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, sir", said the Trooper.

13 Comments:

Blogger Jinsane said...

I have heard that one before - but it still makes me laugh!

Hope you're having a good day!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

jen~
I'm having a busy "paperwork" day, hence the plagerized post... but so glad you had a chance to stop by. I dropped by my links to catch up, but just can't seem to find the time to comment... and will do that later... after laundry, baking, and prepping for a wedding on Sunday.
Hope you had a wonderful day!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Haven't heard that one, thyanks for the snicker!

~mike

9:51 PM  
Blogger wes said...

Ha ha, that's a good one. :)

12:30 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

mike & wes~
Glad to be able to bring a laugh!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Excellent stuff. I will have to share that one with the office!

Scott

9:15 AM  
Blogger X said...

LOLOLOLOLOL...thats awesome :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

scott & k.~
I wish I could think that fast... but then I've never had any encounters with police for speeding, just a few fender\benders. (Hard to get out of those, no matter how well you try.)
Glad you both got laughs!

3:53 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - ROFLMAO!!!

That's good!!!!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

6:36 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

neo~
Glad you enjoyed!

xo!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

That is funny, thankyou for making my day. :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

skye~
How ya doing? So glad to pass on the laugh to you!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

morgs~
Cute, huh? Thanks for stopping by. we miss you here in the blog-o-sphere!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home