Monday, April 17, 2006














lazy, but not handicapped.....

Yup.... that's me today. I should be working, and I actually do have some orders piled on my desk to go through, but I lack the ambition to carry the tasks forward. Being off my game, and wanting nothing more than to be left alone to watch old movies (or any movies, for that matter) brings no solace to my state of mind. I'm just plain off my game, and trying to make any excuses as to why I should deserve this day off.... which technically is not a free day for me.

I surfed the web for hours to see if I could come up with something that peeked my interest as a post, and much did, but the words were not there to transmit. I saved many pictures, read jokes, and scrolled through miles of cartoons and articles.... but the brain came up blank as to how I could pull it off, or put it together. I even distracted myself into thinking I had some housework to do.... but failed in that mission as well, as I took care of that little task on Saturday. So left with nothing to do but channel surf, I found that it bored me even more. Okey dokey then.... time to get serious and find something that will stimulate me other than the chocolate scones I've already had too many of today.

But then more thoughts of laziness have crept up, which isn't always a hard stretch for me these days. Why not just relish the moment of being slightly lazy, and let the chips fall where they may. But no, I'm just far to obsessive compulsive to let moments like this take over. If I don't keep up with things, they have a tendency to multiply my work tasks for the rest of the week, and then I suffer feelings of being rushed. Besides, I already know that too much depends on the work that starts with me.

Yet the mind works in mysterious ways.... and it is easier to make even more excuses why I should just put it off till the last moment; after all, it's not going anywhere, right?
No doubt I'll have to pile through the work orders I already have keeping a watchful eye on me, and at some point, I'll have to get out and mow the lawn once more. Yup, the tasks are getting more visible by the moment, but my willingness isn't. I'm certainly not handicapped.... just plain lazy. Perhaps a small nap to mill the idea over during REM might help.

Here's hoping you all had a more productive day than I.....

9 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - Hmmm, that makes two of us. I'm off my game today too! It's funny you wrote that. I posted my Monday entry then came over here. Guess great minds think alike. ;)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

neo~
Well I hope you got yours back... but it's hard to do when you just don't have the proper motivation. Hubby says I need to take some time off and go somewhere, but I reminded him that the government had already requisitioned all my money. Nice thought though.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

It is ok to have days like that...I get them too. Sunday was a day like that for me. I actually took a nap, something I rarely do.
Just relax, get some rest...you will be back! ;)

10:59 PM  
Blogger wes said...

When I am long gone from the face of this earth, people will look up Lazy in the dictionary and see my smiling face, I'm sure of it. I spend amazing amounts of time thinking about how I can do something the easiest way possible. :)

So you have a long way to go before you catch up to my level of laziness. :)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

Everyone deserves days like that - even if you think you don't. I'm sure you'll make up for your down time. Just sit back and relax!

Will you take a nap for me? ;o)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Hope the productivity bug has been able to find you... at least for a little bit.

Cheers,

Scott

11:37 AM  
Blogger X said...

Welcome to the Procrastination Station...where we could catch the train to Productive Land, but will wait for the next one.... :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

There are some days we're cats, and some days we're dogs, and some days we're tasmanian devils. I've had cat days of my own!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

lee ann~
Sometimes they seem to be coming in closer and closer together, and I did fight the urge to ward them off.... but a nice power nap helps!

************

wes~
I had to laugh at this, and it certainly did much to help bolster the waning spirits. Thanks!

************

jen~
As a matter of fact, I didn't take one yesterday, but decided I earned one today (tuesday), as I did play catch-up, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Sometimes just thinking about what's ahead is more exhausting than the actual work, huh?

************

scott~
Yes, I'm back. The bug always has a way of finding me.... no hiding from it no matter how hard we try, huh?

************

K.~
Oh this is too funny not to remember! How clever you are, which is why you are such a good journalist. I've filed it away for the next time I get down in the procrastination dumps.

************

saur~
Yeah, this was a *cat time* for me, no doubt!
Hubby says I need to start taking vitamins and my energy will return. I told him I'd rather have another slice of his red velvet b-day cake instead, but will consider re-adjusting my life a little. Hitting that pari-menopausal age certainly takes it toll, even though I'm young in dog years (7).

************

thanks everyone for the words of encouragement... you are the best!

xo

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home