Wednesday, May 03, 2006















a marriage made in heaven.....

On their way to be married, a young couple are involved in a fatal car accident. The couple find themselves sitting outside the Pearly Gates waiting for St. Peter to process them into Heaven. While waiting, they begin to wonder: could they possibly get married in Heaven?

When St. Peter arrives, they ask him.

St. Peter says, "I don't know. This is the first time anyone has asked. Let me go find out," and he leaves. The couple sat and waited for an answer. Two months pass and the couple are still waiting.

So as they waited, they discussed that IF they were allowed to get married in Heaven, SHOULD they get married, what with the eternal aspect of it all? "What if it doesn't work?" they wonder, "Are we stuck together FOREVER?"

After yet another month, St. Peter returns, looking somewhat bedragged.

"Yes," he informs the couple, "you can get married in Heaven."

"Great!" said the couple, "But we were just wondering, what if things don't work out? Could we also get a divorce in Heaven?"

St. Peter, red-faced with anger, slams his clipboard onto the ground.

"What's wrong?" asked the frightened couple.

"OH COME ON!" St. Peter shouts, "It took me three months to find a priest up here! Do you have ANY idea how long it'll take me to find a lawyer?"


9 Comments:

Blogger Bar L. said...

I don't know if this should make me laugh or cry! But I laughed :)

I love the cloud pic!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

barbara~
I'm glad you laughed!

The cloud pic is cool, isn't it?and I'm a such a sucker for the heart shape...

10:09 PM  
Blogger X said...

LOLOLOLOLOL, that was great! At first I had no clue where it was going....well done :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jinsane said...

OOOHHHH MMMMMYYYY GGGAAAWWWDDD!! That was hilarious - especially since I work for lawyers - I never saw that coming!

BTW: I L-O-V-E the picture!

Thanks for the giggles this morning!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

K. & Jen~
Glad to bring a few laughs along!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann said...

That is good Ellen!
...and I love the heart in the clouds!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Loved the anecdote, loved the clouds. I guess that's love squared!

~Mike

12:56 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

lee ann & mike~
Glad you enjoyed, and the heart cloud is pretty cool, huh?

I made an attempt to answer barbara back about the cloud, re-edited it and still came up with typos. What I meant to say was: I am a sucker for heart shapes.
Perhaps I should save my responses for times when I've had a little more brain power under my belt.

mike (again)~
love squared... LOL!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

*LOL*

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home