Monday, October 31, 2005

Lame Duck....

Relying on the advice of the so called elite of minds, we should be a flourishing nation, ever resiliant in the ability to pull out of the problems that plague us... and strong in the resolve that we are a good and decent people. So where did this all go wrong? Well, in our own backyards was he first place I looked.

We live in a country that allows voting as a voice for our concerns... so did you all vote?
Did you weigh the constituents and their promises... or even bother to see where they stand on issues? Better yet, were you aware enough on the issues as they were presented? More than likely not, as many of these issues are twisted and molded through a maze of conflictions and contridictions, hoping to confuse you enough so that you are never really aware of what's going on out there anyway. That's not to say we are ignorant, we have the news media to keep us informed, right? Well lately they've been having their own problems keeping things straight.

So how do we plow through all of this? Well, it's not for the meek of mind, or weak of character. It takes a bevy of reading, discussions with our fellow man, and the temperment of weighing all sides of the issues to come to an informed decision. It is not only our right, it is our duty and responsibility to our future generations... to which we pass this all down to someday.

I don't want to relieve my duty until I know that we have made strides in making our government an institution we can believe in again. I'm not talking anarchy, only that we oust the ones who have put us in such a precarious position with the world due to the lies they've told us with their fruitless agendas.

So, congratulations, Mr. Bush, your elite think tank has not only betrayed you, but the American public as well, and in my mind, and you are now bestowed with the honor of being a "lame duck". It might be the time to take these boys out to the wood shed for a few lessons, but then I really don't think you have what it takes anyway.

8 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - He's got a think tank?

LOL

Btw, welcome to the blog world! :)

(Only a couple of typo's ;) )

3:05 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

LOL, Neo. They are doing very little "thinking" and a lot of "tanking", huh?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Ellen - Amen!

5:39 PM  
Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I think the tank's been doing all the thinking so he never has too... I think the coke n drugs really tapped Prez-B's mind out long ago...
How can he think a conservative SC nomonee can ever get approved?

Neo's counting typo's? there's always the Edit tab for fix-em up... 'cept commentz.
Alleuyah!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Yep, I didn't even think about the drugs and booze of GWB's earlier days. I just thought he was just born dumb... and had a daddy that knew how to drag his butt out of trouble. Acorn doesn't fall too far from the tree.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Yeah but you get a free pass. ;P

I have probably let a few pass on my spot, but I do look for them. ;)

Neo cackles evily

7:40 PM  
Blogger Harlyn said...

great post ellen

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Neo- yeah, I suffer from typing too fast and spelling too slow. I will have to remember to hit the spell check button. I still do it the old fashioned way and proof-read... which obviously isn't working and takes longer.

Snaggle- thanks for the tip about the edit tab... now I just need time to figure it all out... will get there though.

Citysoul- thanks for the wonderful comment. I wasn't sure if it all made sense at first, but it kind of spilled out of my head onto the post. I'm jumping back over to your post, you sound down today, and I'd like to send a smile up to you.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home